Friday, October 10, 2008

35th Wedding Anniversary


35 years....hummm.....where did the time go?


My husband, Fernando, and I got married October 10, 1973 in Mons, Belgium. We were both in the Army stationed at SHAPE, (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe) Belguim. I worked at the hospital as a Medic and he as a Communications Operator in some other building. It was during the Vietnam war and when Tony Orlando was becoming popular. He performed at the club for the troops. We hung out with the same group of friends. I met him at the bowling alley. Bowling was something we both enjoyed to do. We made a couple trips to Paris.....ahhh Paris. Shrimp salad on french bread was one of my favorites.....with fritz(fries) and mayo of course. My mouth is watering for one right now:-

I'm from Waukesha, Wisconsin and Fernando is from Alice, Texas. Our lives wouldn't have crossed if we hadn't been in the military and stationed together.

I'd be lying if I said married life has been easy. I don't know of any that are. It takes alot of work to intertwine two lives. We had lots of ups and downs. I look back at those times now and see them as stepping stones to the greater love and respect for each other. Through The Years by Kenny Rogers pretty much sums up our years together. (Video of us with song)

I thank the Lord for bringing us together. We have been very Blessed.

Kathy

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Congratulations on your anniversary ,we celebrated our 40th. this year ,not bad considering we were both only 17 when we got married .

Anonymous said...

Sending congratulations and best wishes for the future too.

Michelle said...

Kathy - that's AWESOME! I want to see pictures of the medal you deserve for that! LOL! It better be bigger then mine! LOL! WOW! I'm so, just "wow"! 35 years.............