Friday, May 7, 2010

Comfort/Friendship shawl

Have you ever looked at a pattern and said, "I'll never be able to make that."? "That looks to hard." We'll, I have said that so many times, but that doesn't make me not try it. The lesson I learned with this project was to take "baby steps". I hadn't really crocheted in sometime, so making dishcloths got me "practicing" crocheting again. Then I sat down and practiced starting this project with yarn I wasn't using for this project. It took me MANY times of starting over before I finally got it. I started the project and all went well, but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do the edging. It looked just to complicated. But taking "baby steps" I was able to figure it out..... easy peasie. LOL What a wonderfer feeling to have finished it. I used the pattern from "The Prayer Shawl Ministry" from Leisure Arts. And used Homespun Nouveau by Lion Brand Yarn. I have a practice piece, I've done, for a Snapdragon pattern I want to do next. Another pattern that looked just too hard..... it's not.
But.... it is on my "to do list" that is pretty long. We shall see......

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Very pretty pattern and I love the color .