Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cream Puffs

I can't believe I forgot to blog about the cream puffs Raven, my granddaughter, and I madeOne day Raven said to me that she wanted to make cream puffs.  She said she didn't know if I had ever made them, but she was craving to make them.  I told her that I had made them years ago and that I remember my mom making them.  I found a recipe and told her we could make them right there and then.  She and her "Papo" went to the store to get heavy whipping cream and some instant pudding.  I had some pudding, but I wanted her to make here own.  What I figured would take maybe an hour and a half, took 4+ hours.  LOL  After the smoke detector going off and burning the first batch, we figured baking them on a "stone" was probably the better idea.  Husband did remove the batteries in the detector until we were done baking.... another good idea;-) The second batch, we determined were a little too big.  I think we got it right the 4th time. Raven thought smaller was better and besides the recipe said to drop by tablespoons full and that's the size Raven liked best.  The story of the Three Bears kept going through my head...ya know.... The first batch was too Hot, second one too Cold (didn't fully cook) but the 3-4th was just right. I had told Fernando we only needed 8 eggs for two batches, but good thing we had 12. ( ha ha) Lessons learned and we didn't give up.  Perseverance paid out.   We laughed alot. Enjoyable time with my Granddaughter.  I've made them two times since then.  I guess that makes me a pro.  They were just right.


Vanilla and Banana Cream Puffs

No comments: