Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another bag

I bought a pattern, to make a bag for a walker, before Christmas hoping I could make one for my Aunt for Christmas.  I had cute Christmas fabrics picked out.  It didn't happen.  So the other day I decided to "just do it" lol  and made this bag to send to my aunt.  I'm in the process of making two more, one for another aunt and one more for my aunt to have as an extra.  I didn't really follow the pattern and found my self wondering why I bought it in the first place.  Being a quilter, I could have just cut the fabric out without a pattern.  I cut  the fabric as one piece instead of two that that the pattern called for.  I left the opening to turn on the top of bag instead of bottom and put an interfacing to help it keep it's shape.  Put pockets inside bag also.  Yup, I could have done it without a pattern.  So here is bag 1.


2 comments:

Hazel said...

Cute your aunt will love it .I to do that with patterns ,buy them then wonder why LOL .

Kathy ~~~ said...

Thank you Hazel. Thank goodness I only paid $.99 for it.